Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Asian-Inspired Baked Salmon

Cleanse Day #1: Seeing as this is my second cleanse and 24-Day Challenge, I am very thankful that I went through the food-learning-curve during my first cleanse! Prep time really comes down to: 1. What do I have on hand and 2. What flavor sounds good today? I knew I was going to be having salmon and veggies but only decide on the Asian flare this morning. I also skimped due to time and used dried garlic and ground ginger. I think it would have had even more flavor if I had used the real stuff! As is, PLENTY of flavor was present.

Another note: I buy the big fresh cut broccoli, cauliflower and carrot mix at Sam's and freeze it to use when I need it. Last night I pulled some and let it thaw during the day in the fridge. Something about freezing and cold defrosting softens those veggies up, so they were super prepped to accept flavor.

___________________________

Asian-Inspired Baked Salmon with Veggies and Quinoa

2-4 servings of Salmon filets
1/4 c. EVOO
1 tbsp. minced garlic
2 tsp. ground ginger
1 tbsp. liquid aminos
Black pepper
Red pepper flakes

Put the salmon in a ziplock bag with all the ingredients and mush everything around to incorporate it. Let marinade 30 minutes to 24 hours.

1/2 c. Uncooked quinoa
Veggies for those eating (broccoli, cauliflower and carrots used
today) or salad for a dish base
Splash of liquid aminos
Dusting of ground ginger
1/2 c. Water

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Put the quinoa in the bottom of a baking dish and place the marinated salmon on top. Place the veggies around or on the fish. Pour the water in the bottom of the pan (the quinoa soaks it up to cook). Splash liquid aminos over the veggies and dust some ground ginger too. Cover with foil and cook for 50-55 minutes. Serve as is or over salad or cabbage shredded.

_________________________

This was super yummy today! I wasn't starving until dinner and I devoured this happily. If I wasn't cleansing, I would have added chow mein noodles LOL And for a dressing for leftovers the next day: basically create that same marinade with less oil (unless you are making 2 servings, then keep it) and add a touch of rice vinegar or apple cider vinegar for some zing.


Challenge Friendly: YES

No comments:

Post a Comment