Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Mustard Marinaded Grilled Pork and Eggplant

Sometimes you have to cave and go with what you have on hand and this time ... it was pork tenderloins while on a cleanse. Boooooo me! BUT they were REALLY GOOD! Just a couple of warnings: 1. Um, oil on meat on a grill makes flames; 2. Flames make things charred ... I like charred.

I paired my "grill"-awesomeness with grilled eggplant which I desaturated beforehand, basted with EVOO and sprinkled garlic and black pepper over before I put them on the top rack in the grill. My only regret was not having MORE to make because they were DELICIOUS off the grill! The pic makes it looks all bland and one-colored ... but I say the flavor is multifaceted!


________________________

Mustard Marinade

1/4 c. EVOO
2 tbsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
1 tbsp. Organic Dijon Mustard
1 tsp. Paprika
1 tsp. Onion Powder
1 clove Garlic - minced
Black Pepper
1 tsp. Agave

Mix and incorporate well. Use as a marinade or as a salad dressing.

_________________________

Make up the awesome sauce above. Grill, bake or pan cook. Cook some veggies while you are at it and go to town! I will say I still loved the pork the next day with this sauce made up for my salad dressing .... mmmmmmm!


Challenge Friendly: UM ... only if you aren't adverse to eating meat that roots in mud for it's food ... so NO ... but the sauce can be used for chicken, too ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment