Sunday, May 25, 2014

Broccoli Salad


Continuing with my holiday nostalgia, broccoli salad was one of those dishes from my past that still rocks my socks when I think about it. So how do we make it healthier? Again, ditch the mayo and go Greek!

This is lovely and tastes delicious because the cranberries add that sweet while the almonds and broccoli have that crunch. I surprised myself a bit because I actually like this flavor MORE than the past versions!

_________________

Broccoli Salad

2+ cups broccoli florets
1/2 c. Dried cranberries
1/2 c. sliced or chopped almonds
2 strips turkey bacon - cooked and chopped

Dressing:
1/2 c. Greek yogurt
1 lemon - juiced
1/4 c. White vinegar
1 tsp. dried ground mustard
1 tbsp. garlic powder
2 tsp. onion powder
1/8 honey mustard dressing

Cut stems off florets and make sure pieces are small and bite sized. Mix dry ingredient together. 

Combine dressing ingredients and pour over dry ingredients. Stir and serve or cool in fridge.

_________________

I actually didn't want to open a package of turkey bacon his for two pieces so I chopped up some salami pieces we already had. Still tastes awesome! The honey mustard dressing I used is Brianna's Organic which I love to the money. You need the sweet of it to balance out the vinegar. You could also use Dijon and honey if you don't have the dressing around. My mouth is happy!

Challenge Friendly: Max Phase only. Y'all know I suggest going easy on the dairy during your challenge so just keep that in mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment