Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Garlic Basil Dressing

Something simple to whip up! We were having a veggie salad with avocado as our "meat" and I wanted some flavor to shake it up. The salad is simple: my normal organic spring/spinach mix from the store, tri-peppers, red onion, cucumber and avocado. Add the dressing and Viola! Success!

______________________

Garlic Basil Vinaigrette

1/4 cup EVOO
1/8 cup red wine vinegar
1-2 garlic cloves pressed or minced
2 tbsp. Sweet basil (use fresh if you have it!)
Black Pepper

(Optional and not Challenge friendly: 1/8 cup feta cheese)

Mix or process well and pour. More than enough for 2+ salads.

__________________________

I love garlic. I love basil. I love feta. I love flavor!

Note: I like to adapt dressing to go with dinner sometimes. When I do that, I always either: A. don't use vinegar at all or B. just cut the vinegar measurement in half.

No comments:

Post a Comment