Saturday, July 21, 2012

Don't Stick a Fork in Me ... I'm Not Done Yet!

I am not a skinny girl. That's not what I do. (For some reason, I have Ani DiFranco's "32 Flavors" rolling in my head so that statement works.)

I am determined to not just be "skinny" (and right now, I feel that I "am" after many months of hard work and good choices), BUT to be a healthier, happier me. I want to be strong! I want to make food that I love and my family eats and enjoys. I love food. I love to eat. After almost 4 months of making healthy food choices, my body recognizes when I eat crap and responds accordingly to let me know I screwed it up! I am conscious of the effect that eating healthy has on my children and their eating habits. And I am super aware that by sharing what I make, my progress and my goals that I do influence people and THAT amazes me! How cool is it to know that my friends and family drool over what I create? Yeah, I like attention, too. LOL

In an effort to consolidate some of my favorite endeavors, I am proud to launch Forktacular as my own personal recipe box and public display of action (PDA!) where I can share what I am doing, creating, succeeding at, and totally what I fail at! Don't be afraid to interact, ask questions or offer suggestions because food, health and exercise is constantly evolving in my life and I always need good ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment